Course: CCNA Security section 2
August 29, 2013 | By koen |
Day 1: Common Security Threats with Cisco Routers
- Describe common security threats.
- Implement security on Cisco routers.
- How to secure the control, data, and management planes.
- Cisco Security Manager
- Transitioning from IPv4 to IPv6.
Day 2: AAA (Authentication, Authorization, and Accounting) on Cisco Devices
- What is AAA and why is it useful?
- TACACS+ and RADIUS.
- Describe AAA and verify functionality.
Day 2: IOS ACLs (Access Control Lists)
- Describe standard, extended, and named IP IOS ACLs.
- Considerations when building ACLs and best practices.
- Implement IP ACLs to mitigate threats in a network.
Day 3: Secure Network Management and Reporting
- Describe and implement secure network management.
- Common Layer 2 Attacks.
- Describe Layer 2 security using Cisco switches.
- Describe VLAN security.
- Implement VLANs and trunking.
- Implement spanning tree.
Day 4: Cisco Firewall Technologies
- Describe operational strengths and weaknesses of the different firewall technologies.
- Describe stateful firewalls.
- Describe the types of NAT used in firewall technologies.
- Implement zone-based policy firewall using CCP.
- Implement the Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA).
- Implement Network Address Translation (NAT) and Port Address Translation (PAT).
Day 4: Cisco IPS
- Describe Cisco Intrusion Prevention System (IPS) deployment considerations.
- Describe IPS technologies.
- Configure Cisco IOS IPS using CCP.
Day 5: Virtual Private Network (VPN) Technologies
- Describe the different methods used in cryptography.
- Describe VPN technologies.
- Describe the building blocks of IPSec.
- Implement an IOS IPSec site-to-site VPN with pre-shared key authentication.
- Verify VPN operations.
- Implement Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) VPN using ASA device manager.