Course: CCNA Voice section 2
August 29, 2013 | By koen |
Day 1-2: Describe the characteristics of a Cisco Unified Communications solution
- Describe the Cisco Unified Communications components and their functions.
- Describe call signaling and media flows.
- Describe quality implications of a VoIP network.
Day 1-2: Provision end users and associated devices
- User creation options for Cisco Unified Communications Manager and Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express.
- Create and modify user accounts for Cisco Unified Communications Manager.
- Create or modify user accounts for Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express using the GUI.
- Create or modify endpoints for Cisco Unified Communications Manager.
- Create or modify endpoints for Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express using the GUI.
- Calling privileges and directory numbers.
- Enable user features and related calling privileges for extension mobility, call coverage, intercom, native presence, and unified mobility remote destination configuration.
- Enable end users for Cisco Unified Presence.
- Verify user features are operational.
Day 2-3: Configure voice messaging and presence
- Describe user creation options for voice messaging.
- Create or modify user accounts for Cisco Unity Connection.
- Describe and configure Cisco Unified Presence.
Day 3-4: Maintain Cisco Unified Communications system
- Generate CDR and CMR reports.
- Generate capacity and usage reports.
- Generate RTMT reports to monitor system activities.
- Monitor voicemail usage.
- Remove unassigned directory numbers.
- Perform manual system backup.
Day 4-5: Troubleshooting and user support
- Verify PSTN connectivity.
- Define fault domains using information gathered from end user.
- Troubleshoot endpoint issues.
- Identify voicemail issues and resolve issues related to user mailboxes.
- Describe causes and symptoms of call quality issues.
- Reset single devices.
- Describe how to use phone applications.