Course: CompTIA A+ Hardware section 2
September 18, 2013 | By koen |
Days 1 – 2: PC Hardware: What’s inside the computer?
- Basic Input Output System (BIOS) configurations.
- Motherboard: purpose, components, and functions.
- Random Access Memory (RAM).
- Expansion slots and the cards that go there.
- Storage devices and media.
- Central Processing Unit (CPU) types, features, and cooling.
- Connection interfaces and power supplies.
- Building a custom computer.
- Display types.
- Cables, connectors, and peripherals.
Day 3: Networking
- Identify and categorize network connectors and cables.
- Explain properties and characteristics of TCP/IP.
- Explain common TCP and UDP ports, protocols, and their purpose.
- Compare and contrast wireless networking standards and encryption types.
- Install, configure, and deploy a SOHO wireless/wired router.
- Compare and contrast Internet connection types and features.
- Identify various types of networks.
- Compare and contrast network devices their functions and features.
- Given a scenario, use appropriate networking tools.
Day 4: Laptops and Printers
- Install and configure laptop hardware and components.
- Compare and contrast the components within the display of a laptop.
- Compare and contrast laptop features.
- Printer types and imaging.
- Install and configure printers to different types of devices.
- Printer maintenance and troubleshooting.
Day 5: Operational Procedures, Troubleshooting, Exam Prep
- Given a scenario, use appropriate safety procedures.
- Explain environmental impacts and the purpose of environmental controls.
- Professionalism and dealing with end-users.
- Explain the fundamentals of dealing with prohibited content/activity.
- Troubleshooting techniques and best practices in the real world.
- Certification exams: study tips and practice questions.