Course: Managing and Maintaining Windows 8 section 2
September 27, 2013 | By koen |
Day 1: Implementing a Migration to Windows 8
- Migration Strategies from Vista and Windows 7.
- Deployment of Windows 8 in the enterprise.
- Local and Remote Management
- Remote Management with Windows Powershell and Group Policy.
- Using Virtualization.
- User State and Data migration.
- Unattended Answer Files and Windows Image files.
- VHD booting.
Day 2: Security and Authentication
- Security flaws: Is Windows 8 any better than its predecessors?
- Domain-Based Security and Authentication.
- Picture Passwords and Microsoft Accounts.
- Troubleshooting Domain Authentication.
- Windows 8 Encryption and Security.
- BitLocker and EFS.
- Recovering a BitLocker Encrypted Drive.
- Anti-Virus and Spyware best practices.
- AppLocker configuration.
Day 3: Networking
- IP Addressing Connectivity.
- IPv4 and IPv6.
- Wired and Wireless connections.
- Windows Firewall.
- DNS, DHCP, and IPSEC.
- File and Print Services
- Local Storage, File Sharing, and Caching
- Local and Network Printing
- Implementing Offline Files
- Windows Update
Day 4: Applications and Compatibility
- Installers and deployment best practices.
- Application compatibility and data migration.
- Windows Store.
- User Profiles and Settings.
- Dealing with User Profiles and User Experience Virtualization (UE-V).
- Cloud Services and SkyDrive.
- Windows Intune: What is it? Clients and deployment.
- Intune administration and permissions.
Day 5: Remote Access and Disaster Recovery
- Network connections outside the LAN.
- VPNs and DirectAccess.
- Remote Access.
- Windows 8 mobility options.
- Disaster Recovery options.
- Windows boot process and the BCD Store.
- Recovery Solutions and making sure users don’t lose all their data.
- System Restore and File History configuration.
- Course review and exam prep.