Course: Windows 7, Enterprise Desktop Support Technician section 2
September 27, 2013 | By koen |
Day 1: Application Issues
- Software installation options and best practices.
- Permissions and the Administrator Account.
- Licensing and digital signing.
- Non-responsive programs and conflicting applications.
- Running in Safe Mode and emulating prior Windows versions.
- Identifying useless programs and getting rid of them.
Days 2-3: Networking
- Making best use of the hardware on your LAN.
- Necessary protocols, wiring, and NIC configuration.
- Domains and Workgroups: effective communication techniques.
- DHCP vs. Static addressing.
- Connectivity issues.
- DNS and name resolution with Windows Server.
- Printers, routers, and other devices.
- Troubleshooting tips and useful commands.
Day 4: Mobile Users
- Wireless connectivity configurations.
- Signal strength and security issues.
- Encryption types and keys.
- Wireless profiles and mobile users.
- Remote Access configurations.
- VPN troubleshooting.
- IPv6 communications.
- Authentication issues.
- Solving other enterprise remote access issues.
Day 5: Maintain and Secure your Workstations.
- Using system logs and configuring services.
- Tweaking Windows 7 performance.
- Hardware problems: HD, RAM, Video Cards.
- Updating the BIOS.
- Windows Internet Explorer security issues.
- Preventing Spyware and Adware.
- Dealing with file sharing security issues.
- Software updates with Windows Update.
- Anti-virus software implementation.